FRENCH COUNTRY CHIC ARMED AND SKIRTED ARMCHAIRS




Pair of beautiful Ralph Lauren style - Neutral Floral skirted Arm Chairs. Intricate carving and patina on the scrolled arms. Fabric in a soft floral tone. Perfect Condition. 
Value $950 EACH!and up. Should be selling for $580 a pair.
BUT
On SALE for $420 pair.  
#frenchcountryfurntiure, #vintagechic




Shabby Chic and vintage feeling side table - about 27" round and 27"tall. Perfect accent for chair or sofa. 

You can see the before and after. It's been shabbied and antiqued so that the carving can be highlighted and the remarkable wood top will be noticed. 
$225





This is how I saw the table and new it had great lines and potential for painting. 



I used a crackle compound over the wood so I could see it when the paint went on.  Then a soft layer of cream.  I used one with a slight green tone to it. 
Second - with a small artist brush - I painted streaks everywhere at random -  I didn't want to take away the crackle effect so I didn't use a large brush.  It continued to crackle. The first coat was too thin - it needed another coat - but I would have covered the crackle with a large brush and this seemed to work. 

I also rubbed some candles on the edges so that it would sand off after the paint dried. 
Finally a layer of dark and light wax combo on top. 







Comments

POPULAR POSTS