USING CHATGPT TO DESIGN A BATHROOM

UPDATED

NICHE
I heard that you don't want a niche on an outside wall.  Think about that and your attic space that will be cold. 

Do not use Schluter to line the niche.  Find a tile instead. 

Putting a shelf in the niche can give you more space. 

Inspiration from Instagram
If you count the tiles this is 72 x 36"
Interesting that she used a shower curtain. 
Lowes Satori Storm 12 x 12
$12.99 sq ft
Calacatta and Amani Grey 
$9.25 sq ft

Let's try this instead


$26 sq ft / 5 sq ft - $1.00 each 
would need 4 boxes

UPDATED AGAIN

Now this is a Scandinavian look




Just change the flooring!  And she's using a black window!
 

Lastly - I find most designers are doing checkerboard on a diagonal and not straight stacked. 





FIRST TRY - KEPT WORKING ON IT

We went to Floors and Decor with a photo I wanted to emulate.  I took a photo of each tile, then explained to Chat how to arrange them.  





$1.49 x 4 = 12 x 12 = $5.96
90 sq ft = $536




20 sq ft.  = $360

They used an ivory color on the grout - I would try a light grey. 


Calcutta Marble on the threshold and top of bench. 


Niche all green or Calcutta shower slab. 
I like the all-green, clean look. 

I like the look of Calcutta vs Carrara.  Calcutta has some golden browns mixed when Carrara is strictly shades of grey, making it cooler in tone vs. warmer. 


Sliding Shower Door

A bottom metal frame/track doesn't necessarily make tempered glass itself safer from spontaneous breakage, but it does provide a more constrained, guided system and can make the panels feel less like they're hanging from a top rail while being pushed back and forth. The bigger safety issue is proper tempered glass, correct installation, and preventing the glass from being subjected to edge impacts or twisting.
These doors can be up to 190 lbs, so the rollers are essential to support the weight. 

The hunt is for:
60-ish" opening × 78–80" high, 3/8" tempered glass, two independently sliding panels, brushed bronze hardware, substantial bottom guide/track, concealed or minimally visible rollers, soft-close if available, established manufacturer, less than $1,500.

FIRST ATTEMPT - nope




SECOND ATTEMPT


I actually like the tile that looks like wood.  It's soft and has a slight 2 tone to it, giving it interest.  With all the green tile in the shower - the same color should be used in the other half of the room.  So I found a light fixture and a rug. 



Home Depot Tile - rather flat in look. 


Floor and Decor - wood-look tile in a gray tone.  Much lighter than HD tile.  I like this one.  The movement and color variation are subtle, and it looks more upscale. 


$170
Lucia Living / Aveline Modern Glass Drum Pendant Light


on Etsy


Comments

POPULAR POSTS