~ painted breakfront ~

This last week the Arctic freeze blew thru the North  ~ which makes it a bit nippy down here in SWFL.  However, it gives me a reason to stay inside.  Now that the New Year has begun I'm getting back to my projects around the house.  My favorite past time is to tweak. 

  The china cabinet I purchased 4 years ago for the dining room alcove is one project. Everything new I found in the stores were too large - so the key was to find something vintage in good shape with good lines.    


I love the curved doors.
Purchase price: $400 + delivery




I needed a place to house my blue and white china collection that I accumulated while living in Hong Kong. 


Last summer I painted and recovered the chairs from my old dining table.   The round one is new from Arhuas.  







First coat of paint without any prep ~ just wiped it down.  Kept my fingers crossed this worked out and didn't peel off. 
It's too heavy to move so I carefully laid plastic and blue tape everywhere to save the walls and floors surrounding.  I'm known to be a messy painter.






This cabinet I think retails about $3600. Look at the drawers - they're the same as mine.   



Don't worry about the old brass hardware - just paint it white too. 

I had some wallpaper around for the last 4 years too.  My kitchen cabinet drawers were lined with it ~ especially because it is not pre-pasted. 










I didn't use all the shelves.  I wanted to show off my blue and white vintage boat and the wall paper.  




Comments

POPULAR POSTS