~ hanging plates ~


I’ve been hanging plates on our walls for years.  They’re are such an inexpensive way to give a wall a lot of personality.  



When you're treasure hunting ~ picking up odd pieces that are beautiful and tug at your heart strings can be affordable.  



And eventually - Voila ~ you have a collection. 
Basic white against a dark wall. 


MIX & MATCH


Or maybe you've broken a few plates and now you're left with odds and ends... best time to start hanging. 




In the past I used the standard plate rack finding.  I've got loads in a box ~ but I just donated all of them.  This finding can be seen on the plate - and it hangs awkwardly from the wall.  I can also see the hook on lower level plates. 

Instead I used the D ring.  
My plates are not that heavy so I found a smaller ring. 

DON'T USE HOT GLUE.

I probably hung them too soon and when I returned from tennis some were on the floor ~ thankfully unbroken. 






This morning I'm using Goop Glue or E3000 and letting it set for 24 hours.  I may even use some tape on top of that to better secure it. 


That combo worked. 


MY ENTRY
Antique Chinese screens and my sterling silver bird. 







The mix of artwork and plates.  SO FRESH!




LAYERING


Blue and White Obsession seems to be a hit. 




And it can be something other than plates!






Comments

POPULAR POSTS