ARTWORK ~ Creating and Framing


For your Birthday, Brad.


Final Purchase:

Total size : 22.65 x 30.62

I'd like to purchase a piece of art for the house for your birthday. I know it's late but I just thought of it. 

 A great place to look is at:

Fine Art America

I find photos on line ~ download and duplicate. However, I do change the resolution to 300 pixels and then download.  Next add a frame and matte to complete it.  When I'm junking I find great frames at thrift stores ~ most have outdated posters inside.  I just change out the artwork. Many times even the matte boards are in great shape and quality.  Cheap! Because artwork can get expensive.  

I'm also known to paint the frames ~ some can look worn or dull - and a little paint spruces them right up and matches the decor. 

Another good source ~ at least locally ~ is HomeGoods. 

--------------------------------------

Other online sources:

ART.COM

Great source for finding artwork and blowing it up. 

allposters.com

I always look at their vintage posters first.  

Frame Bridge

Limited selection but the prices are good if you're doing something simple that you uploaded yourself. 

Great Big Canvas

All of these you can shop by color, shape  ~ add frames and mats...  you're imagination is limitless. 


------------------------------------


So I've been looking for a great piece for the powder room.  Here's another place you can repeat the dark green color used around the house. 

The mirror is very large ~ I'd love to see artwork balance in size ~ but a little smaller....   Basically, I have to go smaller because of the Pixels still being clear.  The larger you go the blurrier the artwork.  

The toilet is 18" and I think there is 9" to the left and 9" to the right.  So, the width can be 26" max.  and any height. 

------------------------------------

ABSTRACT FLOWERS 

It has the feeling of Mid Century Modern.  


This is not a black frame - but a gray frame that will play off the flooring. 




------------------------------------

FOREST AT DUSK
Reminds me of the woods around Pittsburgh. 


Picks up the color of the floor. 




------------------------------------

FERNS
This one reminds me of your garden.  It's one of my favorites. 
I have a board on Pinterest for Artwork... these 3 were found on that among the other 1000+ I have. 



This is a black frame - I think it works well with the artwork. 

I wanted the artwork to stand out and not the frame or the white matte board.  My opinion for displaying art now is making it look as real as possible and not just a framed poster.
So I went large with a thin black frame around it.   It's actually stretched canvas. 


Image Size:  22 x 30
Total size : 22.65 x 30.62
Print Material: Glossy Canvas
Black Frame - floating

Happy Birthday!

If you don't like any of these ~ I can help you create something else. 








Comments

POPULAR POSTS