~ a guest room with artwork


I was at a local art show last summer and loved the simplicity of these paintings.  But he wanted $2400 for each.  And like any good man from China ~ he said he would negotiate.  


But I didn't want to offend him with the price I was willing to pay. 


So I decided to try to paint them myself. 


This is the first attempt at painting in 20 years.  I like acrylic so I can work quickly.  My technique right now is layer on layer because I don't know how to do a fine brush stroke.  I have a lot of learning to do. 


I asked the artist where his landscapes were located ~ he replied 'Nebraska'.  However I think he was imitating the artist Paul Balmer ~ who I found via Pinterest. See more of Paul Balmer's marvelous landscapes here

 His paintings are over $7000 ~ $20,000. 


 GALLARY

HIS

MINE
 These could probably sell at Home Goods. 

I just wanted to keep myself busy with something I enjoyed ~ and fill in the space above my beds in the guest bedroom.  

They're done ~ and I accomplished that. 



This chair is so old ~ it's crooked.  Charming.....



COASTAL FARMHOUSE
I never really plan a finish product when I design ~ it just comes together, eventually. 


I bought the frame (yes, at a thrift store)... originally it was a dull dark brown wood.  I painted it a light blue antique and placed my shell posters inside (right over what was there).  Then glued the shell on top for the icing on the cake,  This coastal creation probably cost me $17. 




My Mom painted that painting. 

Purchased the box for a $1 and added the seashells. 


I find unique glass containers.  Fill them with glass beads or seashells.  And pour acrylic polymer so it looks like water ~ and it holds the fake flowers.  Similar techniques are selling at local decorating stores for $100 - $200.  This probably cost me $10. 


Antique turquoise jars during my hunting. 


2 shower curtains instead of one. 


I found this needlepoint for about $12 ~ and I had the pine frame (donated by a friend) with the matte board below.  Surprisingly they fit together. 

Can't believe I actually found the little dresser ~ with the handles I was hoping to find ~ in the size that I needed.  I was going to paint it blue ~ but since everything above it is the same tone... it may just stay that way. 


SWEET DREAMS



Comments

POPULAR POSTS