MASTER SHOWER TILING


Because the shower is so large - I used larger subway tiles that are beveled.  
Then, so it isn't so busy with grout lines ~ I am trying a double stack of the traditional subway tile pattern. 








I would like the penny tile accent to be centered in the walk in of the shower. 
The entrance is 38" ~ so it will look something like this. 



PURCHASED: 10 SQ FT. ~ Penny Tile 12 x 12
PURCHASED: 18 - 12" pieces of the dark gray marble pencil tile.  Size  0.75" X 12"
NITCH in SHOWER by HANDLES ~ would love to fit 2 if possible and fill them with extra penny tile. 

I would surround it in metal ~ silver to match the fixtures. 



GROUT LINES:

SUBWAY TILE - match the off white of the tile.  I don't want to see the grout lines.  I would like it to be clean and white.  You're focus is on the penny tile and the floor.  This is just a backdrop. 

FLOOR & PENNY TILE ACCENT:   Probably the same light gray color on both. 

I'm thinking RAIN but since I'm not there - Another might be better. 
Don't go too dark!  Keep it tonal. 


The 12 x 24" floor tile will go front to back from the doorway towards the window.  Keep the grout lines small as possible - and tonal in color.  

 The lights should hit where a persons stands - 60-65".   I would prefer that the ends are off to the side and not centered in the mirrors.   If the light comes from a top ~ it creates shadows. 

SADLY our vanity arrived without it's quartz top and when we finally opened the box - we found the vanity was damaged during shipping.  We've gone after Wayfair to get the top sent out ASAP ~ and it's finally happening.  We actually contacted their vendor who told us it was in stock and with Wayfair's approval they would ship the next day to them.  I then demanded a 20% discount for the inconvenience and received that too.  When you have a problem ~ work it out immediately.  I called and had 3 representatives working on it ~ otherwise, they were telling me a month delay.  You know the squeaky wheel story ~ but do it nicely.  






I bought the square toilet top ~ I like the clean lines and the vintage feel.  A spurge was the darn matte black handle. 

I went for a more modern line faucet ~ so the bathroom wouldn't be so vintage ~ I wanted some updated looks and yet they feel a high end vintage. 


Comments

POPULAR POSTS