PAINTED FLORALS and FLORAL FINDS


It's always a good idea to take a photo of your booth and instead of just eye balling the display.  This photo looks terrible.  Thank heavens I move things around weekly.  


I've only been open for 4 months but I can see trends with my past experience in Retail.   My furniture is not selling because there is so much STUFF on top.  So my accessories are my main source of sales. 

I've also learned if I paint an item - it tends to sell faster.  



Here's a cute and unique coffee table with French and Italian Wine labels.  It sat for a few months so I took it home and painted the bottom of it.  I mixed Plaster of Paris with the paint to give it a chunky paint feel. First a soft cream - and then with an aged antiqued - didn't like it - so I darkened it with a taupe glaze and another layer of antique. DONE!
I brought it into the store and sold it within 5 minutes. So I don't have an after photo!  Bummer.

So with the success of that refurbish - I took the next coffee table home. 


Frankly, it's a wonderful piece - it has great lines and a gorgeous wood top but they become lost being all one color. The carving is now noticeable with the paint and antique - the piece becomes a french feminine lady.  

It's a soft bluish gray that will go with any decor. 



I have it priced at $288 for the month of June!  It's a steal!




A French Feel with the Flowers and Wheat stalk design. 


This metal garden side table was painted the same color. $78

OTHER ITEMS IN THE SAME COLOR GROUPING


Brown and blue ginger jar with lid.  These can usually be priced over $100 and up without a stand.  I've added a soft blue stand and priced it now for $54 for both. 


This s a great find of terra cotta and metal in the same tones. 


These are vintage prints of St Augustines in a unique brown tone.  So I painted the frames and added the seashells to keep the coastal feeling. 
$25 each. 


Love this fresh feeling of green and flowers in the Asian Garden Pot with Stool



LOVE LOVE LOVE this adorable original water color in a vintage frame.
$65


This badly painted breakfront with knobs from India was something I could see a future for. 


It's been painted about 4 layers in a sandy beach cream.  
AND IT'S MARKED DOWN TO $700 SO I CAN HAVE MORE ROOM IN THE BOOTH. 


THIS MONTH - I also painted this sideboard with metal bakers rack.  
It's on sale from $650 to $488.




BIRDS - If I'm not searching and falling for the flowers - I have a real soft spot for the birds. 











Vintage white birdcage on sale for $148



LILLA

Comments

POPULAR POSTS