BLOWING ROCK , NC


I'm on the road again with my 2 dogs - ALONE!  My little vanilla and chocolate companions and a car load of items for my sons apartment.   After arriving from our drive from Hilton Head - I checked in quickly and ventured up to Main St. to try out the dogs new stroller.   TOO CUTE!  even if the wheels did fall off twice. 





THE LAST STRAW






The cottage I stayed in that is dog friendly.  Includes a fireplace, kitchen and separate bedroom.  


THE VILLAGE INN

This morning there is a heavy cloud of fog after last nights rain - so I will just have to stay a few hours and visit a few antique malls for a quick fix.  There is absolutely not an inch of space left in the car for any purchases - so I have to stay controllable. 

While eating breakfast at the Village Inn - I found a blog recently written about the area and Antique Hunting. 


Sadie Seasongoods Blog

Next to the Grocery Store is located a great Antique Store - Windwood Antiques.
I took loads of photos but later that day my Iphone dumped and I had to restart - so all my photos that day were lost since they hadn't reached the CLOUD yet. 
They have this large store and another on Main St. and a third in Charlotte. 

 I found these on the internet.






While searching more antique spots I found another site 

Antique Stores Near Me

I wish it wasn't such a drive for me to get here.  It took me almost 9 hours from Naples to Hilton Head where I stayed with a girlfriend.  The next day was another 5.5 hours but I'm headed to Pittsburgh (another 8 hours) to stay the week with my son, Brad - so I'm only spending the night again.   If I still had a store I would - in my dreams - get a Uhaul and scout this entire state for goodies. 


Comments

POPULAR POSTS