TODAY'S VINTAGE FIND

This week I'm in Pittsburgh helping my son cozy up is new studio apartment.  It's on large corner room of 1500 sq ft. separated by the kitchen - with 11 long narrow windows.  The first day I moved every piece of furniture in his living room: sofa, TV and cabinet, desk, computer, dining table and guest bed - flipping everything to the opposite side of the room so that I could center the TV and sofa. 

Then I did his curtains.....  but I need some accessories to warm the place up and hide some of the view when they are pulled aside. 




These are the painter's drop cloth curtains I did for all 11 windows - which will be another post.  Since this is a rental and he doesn't know how long he's going to be here  - curtains can get expensive.  This is a very old building located on a corner stop light - so there is bright sun in the afternoon, bar noise across the street at night, a huge stop light in the front window and cold, cold, cold drafts in the winter. 


I moved back to Hong Kong 9 years ago from Pittsburgh - so today I went shopping and visited my old neighborhood to experience the changes.  My old favorite Antique stores were still there - just cleaned up and updated.... somewhat.  There I found this retro can on sale 30% off retail for $10 sitting outside.  



The cattails are also from Walmart for $3 each stem (3).  And the yellow yarrow is from Michaels at $7.50. 
This can is hiding the stop light. 


I also purchased this small crock for $15 to hold the cinnamon smelling pinecones purchased at Walmart. 




Comments

POPULAR POSTS