PAINTED WICKER AND A DARK CORNER



I have a dark hallway leading into the garage.  Off the hall is also my office and the laundry room.  


I try to use what I have - because everyone knows I have enough 'stuff'. 
There's this wicker console I've had for about 20 years that's only 14" deep - perfect for not getting in the way of the door entry.  For the last 6 months it's been there in it's all white color - but it's too bright.  



Normally I would spray paint wicker - it can be done in minutes and have much better coverage.   But I wanted a custom color so I hand painted it.  I used the larger brush for the over all body - then I had to use a smaller artist brush to get into all the small spots.  Remember to turn it over and do the underside too - the white will show thru.  






By the name you can see it's suppose to be Gray - but the final color looks like a blue - gray - turquoise.  Not what I was after at all.  But it works.  


LOVE PAINTED WICKER!






Now lets add on the accessories.....



First an old blue and white lamp where I've added a new wicker shade and finial. 
And an old silver tray.... 



This is the new final I just made from a carved stone I brought back from China. 

Then these farmhouse glass trio - and added some fake flowers that I cut from 3 different bunches.  



Question was do I hang a collection of old guilt frames I have?  Or do I keep it soft and farmhouse like with my painted gray frames?



I have some help on the project. 



I'm still in love with my old gold frames - I have quite a few from the '90's and they're too hard to part with.  Why not combine them with the gray farmhouse look to give it a little kick of glam.  I also remembered I had this horseshoe shaped vintage chair in the garage  - I bought for only $17 and painted it shabby off white. 


It's always best to arrange in an odd number but a small white plate on top would be a nice finish to the wall. 




Done... 


Comments

POPULAR POSTS