~ Not So Vintage Plates



I'm not in business anymore, but I miss my junking something terrible.  When I'm shopping at the grocery store next to one of my favorite Goodwills - I can't stop myself from taking a peak. 

This time I found this!  8 pcs taped together. 




Heinrich 
Made in Germany
Villeroy & Boch
Carbic Design
Pattern Code: VILCAR
Description: Heinrich, Palm Tree, Green Basketweave
Pattern: Caribic by Villeroy & Boch
Actual: 1983 - 1989



It's Floridian


I love to mix and match my dinnerware.  On another impulse purchase at Home Goods I snatched up these blue and white plates that go with my decor.  Unfortunately, when you buy there ~ you don't always get the entire set, but that's OK by me. 



My Decor colors


the single plate goes for $29.99 each!
A $240 value I purchased for $7 plus tax. 


I was looking at a plate on sale from Anthropologie but even on sale they were $7.50 each.  That's about $65 with tax ~ this other saves me over $57. 


Yes it's much cuter and I'm still thinking about it. 
It has the whimsy I prefer when decorating. 




Not a great match with the bowls ~ and I only have 6 of these bowls.  I'm on the hunt for 8 in something navy. 


The tiger would match my funky bowls from Anthropologie. It's the correct green combo. 


But at $7.00 for 8 pcs ~ impulse won this time. 



It all matches my Wine Glasses from the Dollar Store.  If the glasses ever break ~ no worry!





Another set I sold at the store.
Midsommar
by IKEA



Trying to sell the set of 4 for $80.  


In the '70s or '80s Ikea produced for its Accenten range a line of china called MIDSOMMAR. It was made by the Spal factory in Portugal. The designer was a watercolour artist called Marguerite Walfridson.


I had actually found 2 sets of 4 pcs during my hunts ~ not knowing what they were at the time ~ only that I loved the flowers. 





I had purchased them for $10 / 4 pcs set and sold for only $36.00
I never would have gotten $80 and I did get my mark up.

(wish I had kept that Cow painting for myself!)
original painted on wood. 





Comments

POPULAR POSTS