PATIO CHILL

Yesterday during Hurricane Mathew we had our new Smart TV mounted to our outdoor fireplace.   The current Hurricane Mathew will not be giving us any immediate problems on the West coast of Florida - so it's business as usual.  For the long Columbus day weekend we had arranged a large get-together for 12 friends Thursday thru Monday - all flying or driving in from 4 states.  Because of the Hurricane all the airports are closed... so most cancelled.  The day after here is actually a sunny day with some wind.  We missed the worst. 

Except, our AC Motor blew out the other night so that's also being repaired today. We didn't tell any of the guests that it's 85 degrees in the upstairs bedrooms the last 2 days - and kept our fingers crossed the repair was successful today. It seems a power line went down in the middle of the night 2 days ago.  I first was aware of it when I woke by a buzz saw at 2am right behind my bedroom window.  This may have caused a serge to our AC unit, but who knows - and today we found our spa heater is also not working.  Cha Ching - even though they are both under warranty - we have to pay for the labor and service call to fix them.  


The nice thing is our Lanai dining chairs were delivered a few days ago and we had the TV mounted for the U of M game this Saturday. 





This is an old horse stirrup found in the China marketplace.  I have several for flowers or candles.   The patchwork quilt was purchased in Bali from a beach vendor 20 years ago. 

FrontGate Photo


This is the crazy thing - this is the photo on line for the Front Gate Hampton chair.  I asked them by email if this was the actual color.  


Here is the same chair in multiple on line photos.  I couldn't tell what the actual color was - they confirmed that it was "A".



Obviously the color is not "A" but it is a soft light and dark brown weave.  It works with my mantle and the hood to my grill. 




I must have researched 20 chairs on line and in every store in town.  My husband thought I was crazy until he hit a few stores with me.  Outdoor furniture is so expense!  The dilemma is that the 10 foot table is actually an indoor table from Arhaus.  They were discontinuing it so I grabbed it at a good price.  Then I covered it with Boat Oil Lacquer to keep it safe from the elements.  So far it's 1 year out there - and so far so good.  But indoor tables can be taller than outdoor - and this one is 31" high.  Every chair I sourced was too low and I was going to have to make new cushions to accommodate.  But then I found this one on Front Gate at 20.5" high (seat height). I love them because of the lovely nubby fabric available and the top and bottom cushion.  This makes it WORK! and comfortable for everyone while lingering at dinners.  We tested it this last weekend with 7 people. 



The chairs have a low enough height so they're not overpowering and you can see the pool view. 




Comments

POPULAR POSTS