TODAY VINTAGE FINDS



I found this burlwood French style dresser at a Thrift store and talked them down to $125.  I was going to paint it but can't bring myself to do it.  



For the last 4 months it's been sitting in the garage waiting for a new home.  Originally, it was intended for the store  - but since I don't have it anymore - maybe my office.  But today I received my new dining chairs for the outdoor patio and I knew where the dresser belonged - and it doesn't have to be painted!



20th Century French Inlaid Dresser    c. 1930 France:  $1,904


French Antique Louis XV Style Marble Top Commode Dresser Bombe Chest of Drawers:  EBAY $1000

19th Century Antique French Marquetry Commode Dresser 1st dibs $1,995

      18th Century French Walnut Serpentine Commode: 
 1st dibs $7,800

Wouldn't it be fun to paint it like this.  It's actually SOLD so I can't see the price.  The top is painted to look like marble. 
French 18th Century Louis XVth Style Commode in Painted Wood

18th Century Carved Walnut Louis XV Commode: $10,500

MINE



If this were being used inside the home - I'd clean up the handles.  But it's on the patio where the elements might come to play with them, so I'll just leave them alone for now and enjoy the vintage look. 


Lovely detail on the legs and edges. 

I'm thinking there may have been a marble top on this at one time because the top is showing some wear but I'm not seeing glue marks.  





Lovely even on the side. 

Alone I dragged it thru the garage - up 2 steps and thru the house to the other end... then down another step.  Without a ding, scratch, nick or broken bone I made it slow and steady without giving up.  This thing is HEAVY! That's why I love old furniture - they don't make this quality anymore. 


Making the patio feel like an indoor room. 

$125  bucks!  GOT TO LOVE IT!



My new favorite place in the house.  A TV will replace the mirror in a few days.  



Comments

POPULAR POSTS